At Davis & Elkins College we welcome and celebrate our multicultural diversity.
Our small class size and strong academic reputation attract students from all over the world. In fact, we have students representing almost all 50 states and over 20 countries.
How to Apply
Click to apply online free as an international student at Davis & Elkins College. At Davis & Elkins we pride ourselves on the long-lasting friendships that the faculty and staff make with our students. Our faculty and staff recognize the needs of our international students and we are supportive of their endeavors. In fact, about 10% of the student body is comprised of international students from all over the world.
International students seeking admission to Davis & Elkins College must possess academic preparation equivalent to an American high school diploma and command of the English language sufficient to participate in a full program of study.
Students who are not American citizens and wish to enroll at Davis & Elkins College must meet the following requirements for admission:
- An official transcript(s) in English, indicating the student's secondary school work and college work if appropriate.
- An official copy of ONE of the following exams:
- TOEFL examination – a paper based TOEFL (PBT) score of 500, a computer based TOEFL (CBT) of 173, or an internet based TOEFL (iBT) score of 61 is required for acceptance to the College.
- SAT test -- a minimum score of 870 in the math and verbal sections is required for acceptance to the College.
- IELTS exam – a minimum score of 5.0 is required for acceptance into the College.
- A completed international student application.
- A completed international student certification of finances form along with a current bank statement.
An I-20 can only be issued once the student has been granted acceptance, official documentation of financial support has been received, and a $2,200 non-refundable deposit has been made. The deposit will reserve the student’s place in the incoming class.
Financial Aid for International Students
Although international students are not eligible for educational funding from the United States government, i.e. grants, loans, etc., they may qualify for any number of Davis & Elkins College institutional scholarships. The information provided during the application process will allow the committee on admission and financial planning to determine your scholarship eligibility.